Set out below are straight forward answers to frequently asked questions about Commercial Refrigeration.
If you have a question not listed here or within our help or policies section, please contact us.
If fitted, nightblinds should be used on multidecks when not in use.
Doors and lids should be kept closed as much as possible and lights in display units turned off when not required.
Rear shutters on ice cream conservators and serve overs should also be closed when not in use to help maintain temperature and reduce energy consumption.
Where applicable, condensors should be kept clean to ensure maximum efficiency and reduce the chance of non-warranty breakdown.
Is there sufficient airflow around the cabinet?
Check the owners' manual for the correct airflow required. Generally, 50 to 75mm (2 to 3 inches) is required around the cabinet to allow sufficient airflow.
Switch the cabinet off and locate the condenser.
Clean it gently with a soft brush or vacuum attachment.
Once clean, Turn the unit on and allow up to half a day to return to the correct temperature.
If after this time the cooler/freezer is still warm, see "How do I adjust the temperature?"
Refer to your owners' manual for instructions on adjusting your thermostat.
If you require assistance, please call the Shop-Equip team on 01623 741 500 during normal office hours.
The unit must be completely level. For the doors to close correctly this must be the case. Use a spirit level and adjust using the feet in the four corners at the base of the unit.
If the unit has sliding doors, check that the door runs at the top and bottom of the doorframe are clear of dirt build-up or obstructions and spray with a water repellent lubricant such as WD40.
If the thermostat is set too low, it can cause excess ice and water to develop.
Generally 3°C is sufficient to cool whatever you store in your cooler and -18°C to -22°C is sufficient for your freezer.
Check that the thermostat is set correctly. (See: how do I adjust the temperature)
Ensure that your unit is plugged directly into the mains and not connected through a mains extension cable.
If fuses still trip, try unplugging a piece of equipment on the same circuit. It could be that by adding another piece of equipment you may be overloading your consumer board.
There are no elements or materials in your refrigerated cabinet that can cause bad odour.
Check for spillage of the product(s) stored in the cooler/freezer eg. Milk, and clean thoroughly.
To prevent drain blockage, flush a cup of water down the drain every 8 weeks.
The light bulb or starter unit are not covered by the warranty, as they are consumable items. However, most DIY stores stock suitable light bulbs.
If none of the situations above are applicable to you, make sure you have your model type, serial number and company details at hand.
You will need to contact our Customer Support Team to discuss your situation on 01623 741 500 during normal office hours.
Should an engineer visit be necessary and covered, please allow 2 to 3 working days for the engineer to attend.
Parts Only Warranty
The end-user is free to source an independent, local service engineer to resolve any service issue.
Parts and Labour Warranty
Please be aware that should an engineer attend during the first year of warranty for reasons such as those listed below, charges may be incurred and will be invoiced to the end user.
- No faults found with the cabinet.
- General Misuse and/or incorrect siting of the cabinet.
- Not following manufacturers guidelines.
- Replacement Light tubes.
- Condensor cleaning and/or condensor cleaning.
- Blocked Drains.
- Calls resulting from incorrect power source to the cabinet.
- Cabinet Refurbishment
- Following modification or repair by an unauthorised person.
- Damage to items (e.g. Logo etc. caused by the cabinet being re-sited or moved.
- Damage caused by accident, misuse and/or neglect.
General Terms and Conditions
- The contract terms shall mean one year from date of delivery.
- All cabinets must be sited in accordance with the manufacturers' guidelines booklet provided with each cabinet.
- Service calls resulting in an engineer visit deemed to be within the list above might result in service charges to the end user.
- Shop-Equip Limited accepts no liability for any losses howsoever caused as a result of the failure of equipment covered by this agreement.
- Shop-Equip Limited will not be liable for consequential damage or loss of whatever nature arising from or in connection with the equipment.
- This is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights
Schedule and Operating Service Detail
- This agreement is based on a one-year term from the date of delivery.
- The service aspect operates Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00, beyond these times by answer phone.
- The initial visit by our engineer will be within 2 to 3 working days, with all specified parts required despatched by overnight courier.
- All service calls are logged for future reports and fault diagnosis.